Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year

So I'm jumping on the band wagon and joining everyone else in the blogsphere with New Years wishes. Actually, I promised myself that 2007 is the year I learn to blog and almost missed the first day.

If today is any indication of the year, it should be a good one. I recently began a knit for charity group at my church. A couple of weeks ago, I taught five people (three of them children) to knit. The kids totally feel in love with knitting and have been wanting to come to my house to sit and knit. So today, Mom, daughter, and neice showed up and stayed four hours, knitting most of the time. They also invited another friend and she came with her two children. The little boy, P, learned to knit in about ten minutes. He's a natural.

I also had many non-knitting friends and neighbors stop to say happy new year. A good day@chez well-tempered.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it's great that you're teaching people how to knit! ha ha, that's a talent in itself, i've never been very successful at teaching others how to knit....