

A is for acupuncture
Originally uploaded by Debbie Jeanne1
Yes, that is a needle sticking out of the top of Simon's head. We started taking him for acupuncture right after we figured out that he had degenerative myelopathy. I credit acupuncture and his wonderful vet for keeping him here with us for so long. He loves his trips to see Dr. Maria. We call her his "pin doctor".
Simon is the world's biggest baby. He came to us straight from his breeder with a slew of quirky behaviors. We like to say that if he had been human he would have been "Monk" as in the TV character. He has at various times refused to walk by pick up trucks, step over electric cords, and don't even get him started on the cats. And yet, from the time the first needle went into him he has been calm and just loves the acupuncture. I know that is to the credit of Dr. Maria. She just plops down in the floor with him and he's in heaven. Here are some more pics

Don't you wish you could feel that good at your doctor's appointment?
On the knitting front, I took this
to Dr. Maria today. Why, yes, it is indeed a clapotis. I think this is the fifth one that I have knit. Unfortunately, I'm not certain of the yarn except that it came from Brooke's farm and I bought it at Kid and Ewe and Llamas, too. I also finished a face mask to send to MrDrMathGenius. All pictured out for today, though. More later.

2 comments:
Acupuncture can do some amazing things! I use it for migraines.
Love the clapotis!
Thanks for the compliment on the clapotis. I never intended to knit so many of them. People just keep asking me to knit them and since it's an easy knit, I do.
Sometimes at Simon's appointments, I feel like asking his pin doctor if she'd stick some needles in me. He's always so relaxed after his session.
Post a Comment