Monday, January 14, 2008

Want to see something REALLY scary?

But first, a heartfelt "thank you" to everyone who commented on Simon or sent me private messages. Your support has buoyed my spirits greatly and is much appreciated. I guess I find it easier to reach out on the internet then in my so-called "real" life. Something I need to work on, certainly. Do you feel that way, too? That perhaps we write because it's less threatening and easier to express ourselves through the written word? I'm finding that it is, indeed, easier for me. I did direct a dear friend to the blog (so far most people don't know it exists) and she sent me the most wonderful email. But, she's a safe person that I knew would respond with kindness and compassion. I can't think of many others that I would feel okay about opening up to. Is that pathetic or normal or a combination of the both? Perhaps by sharing some of my experiences here, I'll be able to more freely open up in 3-D.

Okay, to the scary part. This:
is my so-called yarn room. Oh, it has yarn it in it. And, it has four walls. However, calling it a "yarn room" seems to imply that it is an area that you can go to and look at yarn in an orderly and calm fashion.

My motive in showing this to you is to, when I finally get it cleaned and organized (perhaps that should be decluttered, organized, then cleaned) I will garner tons of applause and hoorahs. You will be impressed, right?

This looks like one of those tv shows where someone is bemoaning the fact that they are hopelessly cluttered and unclean and an entire team comes in to "sweep" everything away and leave the home with a brand, spanking new room, completely organized and decluttered. Do I have any volunteers?

Much of the problem is that we hurriedly cleaned out a storage room and dumped everything unceremoniously into this poor little room. I go to the door with the best of intentions of getting down to brass tacks and whipping the room into shape. Then, it's "what do I do with this?" and "where do I put that?" and then, "oh, I've developed a headache, backache, have to take the dog out, etc" and I end up closing the door one more time.

Well, I've thrown the gauntlet down on myself (can one do that?) and am determined to get this room usable again. I will take pictures of my progress every Monday. I can't wait for the accolades to come flooding in.

I have finished scarf, baby hat, and two calimetrys to report on the knitting front but alas, I have a (choose one) headache, backache, earache (actually I do have an earache) and must end this post.

I leave you with a picture of Simon and his sister, Tillie. Doesn't it look like they're holding paws?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK, how'd you get the yarn room to look so neat before you took the picture?

Debbie said...

Har!

MLO said...

Wow! You are so much more organized than me!

Your pup is really cute, btw.