You see, I am constantly setting myself up for failure and saw myself headed down that path and becoming more and more anxious and I certainly don't need more anxiety in my life right now. I'm already popping way too many ativans.
Interestingly enough, since I decided to bag the ole 101, I've started ripping through some of the things that I wanted to get done. For instance, I can actually see the top of my desk. I've thrown out two big trash bags of junk from around my desk area and have just a tiny bit more to do. It definitely looks better in here.
I printed off a form to help me eat better according to Schwarzbein's program. Sucked it up today and called someone who I've been avoiding for a month and in the clean up found another $25.00 gift certificate to a bookstore (locally owned). That gives me $125.00 in certificates to this particular store. Too bad they don't carry knitting books.
Speaking of knitting, I'm halfway through with Ophelia (see post below). It's a good knit and I'm very pleasantly surprised with the Blue Sky Alpaca Cotton Organic yarn. I highly recommend it for a lighter weight sweater. It's perfect for this particular pattern.
I've had this knitting blog for over a year and barely talked about knitting (or anything else for that matter). I never developed the habit of photographing FOs before I sent them out the door. When I was recently in Boston, however, I nabbed MrDrMathGenius and got a shot of him wearing a mobius scarf that I knit him some time ago. What to see it? Here goes
Okay, okay, you want to see his face

I must have knitted this two or more years ago. Seemed like the perfect project for a math scholar. Simple mobius seed stitch scarf.
It's so nice to have people who actually appreciate my knitting and wait eagerly to receive things from me. Here's a picture of MsLbelle wearing a hat I knitted for her recently

This was taken on my last trip to Boston this past December. It was co-old! Now, ask if I had a hand knit hat on my head? Or hand knit socks in my boots? Must change that in the near future. In fact, I'm knitting some socks for myself right now (well right now I'm typing). I knitting drum roll please "Monkies" just like 50,000 other socks knitters in the universe. Why? Because it's a really good pattern. Enjoyable but not intense. Not boring but not requiring lots of concentration. I'm knitting the socks out of December ArtWalk Sock ~ Black Iris. I love this yarn and the colorway is amazing. Roxanne can do things with dye .... well, ahem. You should check out this sock club. It's first one I've joined and I love it. Many reasons ~ 1. you pay as you go 2. Every month Roxanne chooses a different artist to emulate in yarn. 3. The fibers she chooses are different and interesting each time. 4. The colors are to die for. She really is a genius with color. I'll see if I can put a button for the club in my side bar.
Edit: Button now on sidebar. Give it a click why doncha!
Have I run on enough? Once I get going I just don't want to shut up. And I haven't even started talking about the amazing results of the Iowa caucus last night. Guess I'll leave that to another day.

No comments:
Post a Comment